Thursday, August 28, 2014

Monday Made It with Some Help

This week I'm giving a shout out to my kiddos. With their help, I have had a great couple of weeks. I have one Made-It and my sweetie pies have one they'd like to share.



It all begins with the simple sentence in 2nd grade, but quickly progresses into expanded sentence. Practice is important so after a week of writing simple sentences, I have set up the Write a Sentence Station. The kids can manipulate subjects, verbs, and adjectives to write simple sentences and expanded sentences.






My kiddos started their Interactive Writing Notebooks last week. This week we added our Juicy Details page, which helped them write expanded sentences using adjectives.



After making our notebook pages, we wrote expanded sentences about the foods we described. Lastly, we revised our class narrative by adding "Juicy Details." I love how things just fall into place!



http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2014/08/monday-made-it-last-weekly-one.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...